Friday, March 01, 2013

Girly Girl Gift Box


Hi Everyone! It's Lisa here and today I have a girly girly gift box to share with you. This box could be used to hold a treasure for a friend and then it would look lovely on a vanity, dressing table or shelf.
 I altered a small paper mache box that you can pick up at any local craft store. On the cover of the box I used CottageCutz Ornate Circle Frame, Corset and Mini Pumps
I used some chalk ink and distress ink with sponge applicators to shade my corset and shoes. The feathers are chipboard and were treated  with some mists, inks and distress stickles.


Tiny pearls were added to the corset for buttons and fibers behind the corset and shoes lend a vintage shabby feel.
Edge punching on a contrasting pattern paper add a finished look to the bottom edge of the box.  I also had an old paper bag with some vintage printing on it. I tore pieces of it off, inked the edges and attached it to the sides of the box.

I had a TON of fun with these dies. My mind is always spinning with ideas on how else I can use them! 






6 comments:

Simko said...

What a GREAT idea, Lisa. It's STUNNING! Great use of the dies and wonderful choice of colors. I totally LOVE it!
Hugs,
Simona

Cheryl Walker said...

Lisa your box is Beautiful hun!!! LOVE the colors and dies you used!!!
Hugs,
cheryl

Frances said...

What a lovely box you have created, Lisa! The colors are pretty and a great job on the corset die. Hugs. Frances.

Vladuška said...

Great way to make box makeover :) This is really girly and nice, I like it.

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! I love the corset and shoes with the feathers! Blessings! Kathy

Carol Hurlock said...

This is awesome Lisa. I think your feathers add a french flair to your composition. Just beautiful.
Bear Hugs,
Carol