Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hanging Monkey


Hello, dear friends. 
Simona here and I am sharing with you a Spring card today,
With todays post I wanted to show how versatile CottageCutz dies
 are and how you can use this die for different occasions. 
When I saw this die for the fist time I thought this would be a perfect 
die to make a card for a baby. Instead I decided to make
a Spring card... :). The die comes with a pretty big 
wooden board on which you can stamp any sentiment.
I had so much fun making this card.


The size card is 6"x 6".
The Hanging Monkey is cut out of white paper and colored
with Copic markers. The branch and the leaves were also
colored with Copic markers.


The circle behind the monkey was cut out with Spellbinders dies,
dry embossed and lightly inked with Distress Inks - dried marigold
and spiced marmelade. 


The sentiment Spring was stamped with clear VesaMark
and sprinkled with orange sherbet embossing powder, then 
heated with the heat gun. An orange marker
with a fine tip was used to outline the sentiment.



I also used Martha Stewart punch, some liquid pearls -
buttercup, ruby red, brads and orange satin ribbon from my stash. 


I hope you enjoyed todays post.

Thank you for stopping by...
I wish you all a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Simona

The dies used:

9 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww I LOVE your springtime Monkey card, too cute!!! Your coloring for the monkey is perfect and he looks darling :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Frances said...

How cute! Love all the embossing! hugs, Frances.

Vladuška said...

This is really so cute and so sweet and colours are perfect. Very good job, Simona.

Kathy said...

Adorable, Simona, wonderful coloring and spring colors! Blessings! Kathy

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Very pretty card,love your coloring,great die...

Lisa aka Raining said...

Super duper cute!!!! Love it!!! xo

Olena said...

So cute card! love it too!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is really sweet. I love all the fabulous detail on this card. It's amazing.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Unknown said...

Love it! That monkey is just too cute! What was used for the lettering?