Saturday, March 02, 2013

Birdie in Blossoms


Hi there!

It's Kathy here with you and today I have a Birdie in Blossoms Card to show you using three CottageCutz Dies.





I used the bird from the Bluebird Die, the flowers and branch from the Blossom Branch Die, and the frame from the Oval Doily & Frame Die.

I used a piece of designer paper (Secret Garden - Graphic 45) with a pretty bird and flower image and enhanced it with the dies matching the colors. The bird from the Bluebird Die, was cut with white paper and colored with Aegean Blue Chalk Ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The beak and feet were inked with Red Brick Chalk Ink. The Blossom Branch was cut with peach cardstock for the flowers and green for the branch.  The flowers were shaped with a mat and tool kit, inked with Red BrickChalk Ink, and dotted with Buttercup Liquid Pearls in the center. The branch was cut to piece around the lower corner of the image.  The frame from the Oval Doily & Frame was cut with Natural White Cardstock.

I added a bow made with Natural Jute String from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the Bow-Maker. I didn't add a sentiment to this, but a small, short sentiment would be cute on the bottom right or as a tag hanging from the bow.

Here are pictures of the dies I used on this.


 

 


I hope this gives you a little inspiration!

10 comments:

Catherine said...

This is so adorable ! I love the fresh and beautiful colours ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Simko said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love this bluebird die. Beautiful colors and I also like how you combined the dies with the designer paper.
Hugs,
Simona

Cheryl Walker said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Kathy I love the dies you chose to use here, and love the coloring on your bird!!! Will be adding this sweet birdie to my WISHLIST!!! Beautiful job will all!!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy that is gorgeous and is that "peach" for the flowers. You just don't see that color much but it photographs beautifully and I love it.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Vladuška said...

I love your card. It is so adorable and I can smell spring :) Beautiful work.

leycika said...

this card is beautiful :)

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Adorable card! I have to get some of these dies...everyone I've seen is something that I would really enjoy working with. Thank you!

Olena said...

OMG!!! This card is beautiful! Great job with comb.colors. Olena

Janice W. said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!

Lisa aka Raining said...

This is just gorgeous Kathy! I love that bird and branch die! It's on my wish list. :)