Thursday, March 28, 2013

For all book lovers

"The odd thing about people who had many books 
was how they always wanted more."
                                   - Patricia A. McKillip - 


So, I admit I'm odd and I can't help it! And my name is Vladka :) I just love books and no other media can't give you this special feeling like when you have one good book in your hands. That the fact. So, if you need a little present for your friend who loves books, you can make him/her a card and a bookmark. This is what I came up with:


I printed the quote on a card and made a shelf for books from two CottageCutz dies: CottageCutz Ornate Circle Frame and CottageCutz Spooky Iron Shelf. CottageCutz Die cuts are coloured with grey ink pad and with little white tempera. Also books are coloured with ink pads.


Bookmark is made from circle and CottageCutz  Ornate Circle Frame, which is not glued on a surface completely,  I glued it just on upper part, that it can be added on the page in the book.


Happy Easter!


8 comments:

Simko said...

AWESOME, Vladka, how you combined the Ornate Circle Frame die and the Spooky Iron Shelf die. I think any book lover would love to have this bookmark and also the card... :). I love your style of creating!
Hugs,
Simona

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just lovely Vladka. I am in awe of that very sweet bookmark. Great project.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Tina said...

Oh, what a gorgeous projects, Vladka. Such a beautiful tribute to books and reading. Love your bookmark and the card is so romantic and lovely.

Kathy said...

Beatiful set and a great gift idea for book lovers! Wonderful use of the dies! Blessings! Kathy

Frances said...

Very pretty! great idea on the bookmark! hugs, Frances.

Lisa aka Raining said...

Holy Moly that is so creative!!! Love how you used that die like a book mark! Gorgeous work and genius idea!

Olena said...

Super idea!!!! Great job, Vladka!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful projects Vladka!!! love them!!!
hugs,
Cheryl