Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Be Mine Heart Box


Hello everyone!

Simona here with the Heart Box showcasing 
CottageCutz Be Mine (4x6)
from the Sweet Little Thing release.



I wanted to share this project with you for Valentines Day, but
unfortunately I didn't finish the heart box yet.
But here it is now. It can be used also for other occasions, 
not only for Valentines day... :).


First I made a heart box out of red cardstock.
To embellish the top of the heart box I used 
To see how I made the flower click 


I cut the  CottageCutz Be Mine (4x6) once out of red glitter paper and
once out of white cardstock. I sponged the edges with 
Distress Ink - Barn Door.
CottageCutz Leafy Foliage (4x6) was cut out 4x in white cardstock.
The edges of the leaves were sponged with
 Distress Ink - Pumice Stone.
The greenery was cut out 3x with 
out of white cardstock and sponged with Distress Ink - Peeled Paint.


To embellish the side of the top Heart box 
I used some lace from my stash. 
For the sides of the bottom Heart box I cut 2 long strips 
out of white cardstock
and used Martha Stewart punch and some 
red ribbon also out of my stash.

I hope you feel inspired by this project.
Thank you for looking and taking the time to leave a comment.

Hugs,
Simona 

The dies used:


12 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Simona your heart box is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all the CottageCutz Dies you used!! Beautiful job!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!~

Vladuška said...

Simona, this is a really big project and you did great job here. Really beautiful.

Olena said...

WOW! Gorgeous project! Love it! Olena

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my goodness Simona this looks like one of those Vintage Boxes I used to help my Dad pick out for my Mom at the drug store many many years ago for Valentines day. I absolutely adore it!
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Lisa aka Raining said...

Stunning!!! Red is my fave color! Love what you did with the box!

Frances said...

Absolutely beautiful! Hugs, Frances

nbuston said...

Thank you so much Simona for the beautiful design, and the flower tutorial! I have that flower die, and will use your instructions to make those flowers. Excellence!

bev said...

I love your heart box Simona. It is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing this with me.

Kathy said...

Wow, Simona, this is gorgeous! I love all the foliage and your beautiful flowers! Blessings! Kathy

Barbara said...

What a beautiful box. I go to an event every February where we are ask to wear a candy box hat for Heart Month. This idea will be perfect for mine next year.

Olena said...

WOW!!!! Gorgeous!!!!