Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Vintage Valentine

This week I'm sharing more sneaks from the upcoming Valentine release. Have I mentioned how much I love them?? Well, I do! These are just a few of the fab pieces coming soon.



Skeleton key - This key comes on a 4x4 die with another vintage-look key. These are awesome! There are also small sentiment stamps that fit perfectly on the top of this key (key to my heart, s.w.a.k, kiss and a couple of others.)

I cut my key from metal tape -you heard me right - metal tape! It's the coolest stuff I've had in my stash for years. It can be embossed, cut, folded...it's thin adhesive backed metal and comes on a roll like duct tape but it's for insulating....or something. I don't remember exactly what it's for, I just know that in my scraproom it's used for crafting! ;) In this case, I applied the tape to a piece of cardstock before cutting, then cut another key from cardstock and adhered them together giving a really nice and sturdy finished piece.

Label - the label comes on a 4x4 die in two sizes so you can use each separately or mat them as I have done here. The stamp is just one of several sentiments that fit beautifully on the label. There are also six background stamps that work with the label.


And finally, I added my own handmade creations to my card; the stick pin and ribbon flower. You'll also notice I've machine stitched my card as well as inked and sanded adding to the vintage feel. The photo is a free image I found online.

Thanks for coming by today. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW...Absolutely amazing!!! I love this Shar. Love all of the embellishments. Great job!!!

Janice W. said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Lorie said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, Shar! You've just GOT to frame or shadowbox this beauty! Simply STUNNING!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE vintage!!!

Ruth Ellen said...

Shar this card really is something!! You have definitely out done yourself!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Beautiful vintage card!