Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Sneak Peek!

Good morning and welcome to The Scrapping Cottage Blog.  I have another little sneaky peeky for you today.  There are some wonderful things headed your way for Valentine's Day from The Scrapping Cottage, and this is one of them.  They will be available for purchase very soon, so get your wish lists made!!  ;)   The postage stamp die is one of my favorites of the coming release, and there are 11 adorable stamp images that can be used in the center of the die cut.  Today I'm using another one of my favorites, and that's this cute little Love Frog.  Isn't she sweet?  I say "she", because there are eyelashes drawn on her, and I even exaggerated those a little more with my black Micron pen. 
I embellished the edge of the die cut with some red and white twine, and although it's a little difficult to see, I think you can make out the paper piercing I did around the edge of the image on the red card stock.  The big red bow and pop dots give this lots of dimension, and I found some red metal heart stickers in my stash of goodies to dress up one side of this card.  The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored with Copics.  Is she cute, or what?  No sentiment needed here, because those little froggy arms wrapped around that conversation heart pretty much says it all. 

This postage stamp die is so versatile, and makes a wonderful addition to a card, scrapbook page, or altered item.  I'm thinking that images for many holidays would be perfect with this die.  Hmmmmm...  What do YOU think?  Have a blessed day, and a very safe and Happy New Year's celebration!!!!

Love ya,
Lorie

6 comments:

Beckie Williams said...

What a super cute card! Thanks for sharing!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable Card! TFS
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Ruth Ellen said...

This little frog is so cute!!!

Shar said...

oh my goodness, this is so cute, Lorie. Love the postage stamp set!!

Vicki said...

That is a really cute card. Love the cute frog. Yes, the postage stamp die is going to be a must have! Can't wait to see all the release.

Janice W. said...

Awesome card Lorie! I made one using the frog, but after seeing this one, I need to start over! You rock!