Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Good morning, and Merry Christmas Eve to you!!!!  I'm going to make this post short and sweet.  Somehow, I've managed to get everything finished for today except what I need to cook.  A quick share of a couple of cards I've been working on, and I'm off to the kitchen.
 The first card was made with the Gingerbread House die, was cut with white card stock, and colored with Copic markers. 
For my second card, I used the gorgeous Ornament With Tree die, and I used this stunning (much prettier IRL) glittery card stock that was gifted to me by a friend to cut the pieces.  I took it a step further, and decided that it would look neat to mix up the negative pieces and put them in the opposite colored spaces.  I then took a piece of packing tape and secured the pieces on the back side, so they wouldn't fall out.  I love this look, and it was so fast and easy, and an elegant touch.  

Thanks so much for stopping by The Scrapping Cottage Blog today.  I hope you are all ready to enjoy a beautiful and blessed Christmas!  Wishing you and yours a very, very Merry Christmas!

Lorie

3 comments:

Nikki Foraker said...

OMG They are both beyond PERFECT!!! As usual!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!!

♥ Nikki ♥

Ruth Ellen said...

Fabulous cards today!! I so enjoy your Copic work!!

Janice W. said...

Both cards are beautiful! I especially love the way you have colored your gingerbread house. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I know it was very blessed with your new grandson!