Tuesday, September 29, 2020

We all Have Magic in Us

Hi Cottage Cutz fans.  It's Jeanne today with another Halloween card using the adorable Black Cat w/ Jack-o-Lantern die.  However, in this card you won't find a Jack-o-Lantern!

I love this cat (she reminds me of a black cat we had years ago) but I wanted her peeking out from behind the books in the Spell Books and Potions die rather than a pumpkin.

For the card I cut the books in white cardstock several times and then stacked them to see how many I needed to approximate the height of the pumpkin in the other die.  Although I had several of the "Vampire" books I only used one and the remainder are "Spells" books.  I thought a witch would probably have multiple books of spells but probably only one on vampires!

After cutting the pieces, I used Distress Oxide inks to color the pieces and add some antiquing.  I love these inks for that purpose.  They blend so easily.  The cat is cut from black cardstock to get her nice and dark.  Rather than the large eyes shown in the packaging, I used just the pupils colored in yellow for her eyes. I wanted to personalize her to look more like a "classic" black cat.   

For the layout I used the largest of the Nested Wacky Stitched Square dies with a Halloween newspaper patterned paper and I antiqued the edges.

My sentiment is heat embossed in sliver on a 1 7/8 inch wide banner.  The point is hand cut and I mounted it on 2 inch wide black glitter paper.  It was easy to then hand trim the glitter paper to finish outlining the banner.

My final step was to add lots of sequins for sparkle!

Dies used:


 
Thanks for visiting today!  Be sure to visit the online store to check out all of the new Halloween and Christmas dies!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Creative idea for these dies Jeanne- the sentiment banner is a perfect fit

Sukie said...

Such a creative card! I love how you used the dies and the color combination looks amazing!

Pam MacKay said...

Very cute combo of dies love the sentiment too!