Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Merry Christmas

Hello!  This is Sukie and today I'm sharing a Christmas card featuring several dies from one of the new Christmas die releases.  When I saw these adorable penguin die sets, I was immediately inspired to create this slimline card.  This card is 4x9 so there is plenty of room on it to add all of the die cut elements.
I cut out the Flute, Trumpet and Drum Caroling Penguins using colored card stock.  The last penguin is from the Christmas Pals Peekers.  The snowflakes are trimmed from the Merry Christmas Ornament and the letters are from the Stitched Alphabet.
I ink blended the background of my card using 3 different colors and splattered it with some water.  I hand cut out a couple of hills for my card base from white card stock.  A sentiment from the APB - This is December #2 stamp set was heat embossed on some black card stock.
The snowy hills were adhered to the bottom of my card base with the little penguin peeking out.  I added the sentiments directly above the penguin.
Next, I added 2 of the penguins on the left side of my card. They contrast so nicely against the bold blue background.
The final penguin was affixed on the opposite end of my card.  He's absolutely adorable with his trumpet.
The tiny snowflakes were scattered amongst the penguins.  I randomly filled in the empty spaces with them.
The remaining snowflakes were adhered along the top edge of my card completing the adorable scene.
Here are the die sets used on my card, available in the store:

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love the little penguin peeking out from the snow bank- creative idea

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable design love those playful penguins

Jeanne said...

Cute card. I love that little penguin peeking out from the snowbank!