Saturday, September 05, 2020

Santa Reading to Reindeer (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have three brand new releases in the online store. It's Christmas Part 1 (22 new designs), Christmas Part 2 (21 new designs) and a Halloween release (14 new designs). They are all currently on sale and you can save anywhere from 25% to 60%.

We also have a Labor Day sale going on with savings of up to 60% on selected dies. This sale will run through Wednesday, September 9. 

For my card today I am using the Santa Reading to his Reindeer and the Santa Express Tag dies from the Christmas Part 1 release. So let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I decided to create a slimline card with these new dies so I looked for some background paper that I thought might work. I just bought this new Snowflake Splendor paper and I liked this subtle pattern.

Balmy Blue card base: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 8 1/4" x 3 1/4" 

Next, I cut Santa and his reindeer. I used colored cardstock for the images. You could also use white cardstock and color with your favorite coloring medium
I attached the images to the designer paper using glue dots.
I was going to stamp a sentiment across the top of the panel but I didn't have one that fit this image. So I thought the Santa Express Tag would work well in the corner of my card. 
I cut it from red cardstock and then again from white cardstock. I used the die inlay technique and glued the words and scallops with Ranger multi medium matte.

To finish off this little outdoor Santa scene I attached the image panel to the blue card base with double sided tape. I scattered a few snowflake sequins to complete this card.

That's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new Santa die. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:





3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love the slim line design and the new dies are so sweet

Sukie said...

The slimline card looks amazing with the sweet Santa scene!

Jeanne said...

Sweet card and the slimline design is perfect!