Thursday, September 17, 2020

Bethlehem

 Hello Scrapping Cottage Friends

It is Pam sharing with you on the blog today!

The design team is taking turns using Part 1 and 2 of the new Christmas release.  So it is my turn to use a die from part 2 release.  The dies representing the birth of Jesus are just beautiful.  I am using Night in Bethlehem.  I found a card on Pinterest that I loved so I am CASing Dawn Griffith's card.  She made hers using stamps and I used dies.  Thanks Dawn for the wonderful inspiration.


Design Steps:

1.  Using the Night in Bethlehem die cut out the pieces 3 times each.  Glue the pieces together so you have  nice thickness and depth
2.  Use a navy blue A2 card base.  After folding it in half cut the front flap in half.  Place a piece of kraft card stock on top of the front flap that has been stamped with tiny navy stars and edged with TH Vintage ink

3.  Cut two pieces of cream colored card stock one 4 x 5 1/4 and the other 3 x 3.  Next using your navy and rust colored inks blend the inks at the bottom of the pieces.  Stamp the stars and sentiments in navy

4.  Glue the town of Bethlehem and star to the bottom portion of the inside of the card.  Make sure the star is high enough that it doesn't show under the front square

4.  Layer the 3 x 3 square with navy and then attach to the front flap of the card.  Add Mary and Joseph and your card is complete

CottageCutz Products


I love this card and I know all of my family will too.  I can't wait to make at least a dozen more of them because they are easy and represent my faith and feelings about Christmas.

Blessings

Pam



2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

A beautiful representation of the true meaning of Christmas

Sukie said...

So pretty! Your ink blending looks amazing against the die cuts!