Saturday, September 26, 2020

Kittie & Jack-o-Lantern

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

We have three brand new releases in the online store. It's Christmas Part 1 (22 new designs), Christmas Part 2 (21 new designs) and a Halloween release (14 new designs). They are all currently on sale and you can save anywhere from 25% to 60%. 

Today, I am here with a card from the Halloween release. Many of you create cards for Halloween and are looking for ideas to use these new dies. So, I am featuring the new Black Cat w/Jack-o-Lantern die. I think both the pumpkin and the cat have such cute faces. Nothing to scary at all so it would be one you could send to a child. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started my card with the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #810. We were to use terracotta tile, flirty flamingo and soft suede. Plus neutrals are allowed so I was good with the dark green for the pumpkin vine and black and gray for the cat. 
terracotta tile, soft suede, flirty flamingo
I cut the pumpkin from terracotta tile cardstock and the cat's scarf in flirty flamingo. The cat is cut in black and gray cardstock. I used a dark green designer paper for the pumpkin vine. 

I had my card base and designer paper chosen so I just needed a layout. I picked the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge #819. I thought it would work well with the pumpkin and cat image. 
For layer #1 I used a soft suede designer paper. I thought the circles worked well with this image. For layer #2 I used a woodgrain designer paper and cut it with the 2nd largest Rectangle die. For layer #3 I used soft suede cardstock and the 2nd largest Square die. 
Next, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and then embossed it with black embossing powder. I wanted it to stand out on the card. I cut it out with the Stitched Oval die.
I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the image to the square panel with dimensional adhesive. 
Attached the designer paper to the card base and layer #2 and the image panel with double sided tape. 

The sentiment panel is also secured with double sided tape. I added another layer to the panel. It's cut from  terracotta tile cardstock with the Oval die.  
I finished off my card by scattering a few terracotta tile enamel dots and to the sentiment panel a couple of leaves. 
That's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for this new die. See you next Saturday!

Dies I used to create card:













2 comments:

Sukie said...

Super cute card! The sentiment works perfectly with that sweet kitty and jack-o-lantern!

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable card love the sentiment too!