Saturday, September 19, 2020

Trick or Treat Frankie


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have three brand new releases in the online store. It's Christmas Part 1 (22 new designs), Christmas Part 2 (21 new designs) and a Halloween release (14 new designs). They are all currently on sale and you can save anywhere from 25% to 60%.

Today, I am here with a card from the Halloween release. Many of you create cards for Halloween and are looking for ideas to use these new dies. So, I am featuring the new Trick or Treat Frankie die. I thought he was just too cute with his trick or treat bag and the big balloon. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

Since I knew I was going to use this die, I wanted a different color combination for his outfit. Although the packaging colors look great and you could certainly stick with those. I used the colors from this week's Splitcoaststampers color challenge #809. We were to use pumpkin pie, garden green and cherry cobbler for the color trio.
cherry cobbler, pumpkin pie, garden green

I cut the Frankie image in the challenge colors with cardstock. Again you could use white cardstock and color with your favorite coloring medium. I just like using cardstock. 
I wanted  to use a fun fold for this card to show Frankie off. I decided on this one that's called a double triangle fold. I found a tutorial on Pinterest and I will show you how I created this easy and fun fold. 

For this tutorial I am showing a mustard cardstock. But, I actually used  black cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 11". I scored it at 5 1/2"  
 and then turned it and scored it at 4 1/4".

Once the scoring is done, You place the paper in your paper cutter. Mine didn't fit in the cutter I have, so I used a craft knife (x-acto) to cut it on the diagonal. You end up with 2 card bases.

Here is what my black bases look like after I folded them on the score lines. You can use them for a horizontal or vertical fold. For my sample I chose the vertical fold because my designer paper had writing on it. 
Next, I selected two different patterns of Halloween themed designer paper. The paper measures 5 1/4" x 4".
I cut them both on a diagonal. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I first attached the designer paper to the card base using double sided tape.
 

Next, I am ready to build my image panel. I used the 2nd largest wacky stitched circle and also the 3rd largest circle dies. Frankie is secured with dimensional adhesive. 
 
To finish off the card front, I attached the image panel to the card base. I just used double sided tape on the left side so it wouldn't interfere with the card opening.

 I decided to finish off the inside of my card as well.  I used the Halloween Phrase & More die. It's an older one from CottageCutz.  I cut the trick or treat words in the pumpkin pie cardstock. 

And, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a different fun fold and a way to use this new die. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card: 







 



3 comments:

Sukie said...

This is such a cute card! I love the card design too!

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness I love this die! Your card is adorable

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

He is adorable! Thank you for the tutorial.