Sunday, September 27, 2020

Upside Down Christmas

Hi!

It's Anja here. I have a first Christmas card I made this season for today's blog post. The scene I made is a bit unusual, as is this whole 2020.

For this card I used:

- Cottage Cutz dies (Upside Down Santa, Snowman in Snow, Owl),

- Distress Inks,

- white cad base (10x21 cm),

- white card stock for die cuts,

- black card stock for background (9,5x20,5 cm),

- alcohol markers,

- white pigment ink,

- white acrylic paint,

- black pen,

- white pen,

- scissors,

- paper trimmer,

- heat gun,

- brush,

- paper glue.

 

First I cut and colored the Santa. I used alcohol markers to color the lights. 

Next I cut and colored the snowman.

And last I cut and colored the branch to hold Santa.

Next I started on the background. I used black cardstock and lightened it a bit with white pigment ink. After that I spritzed the paper with white acrylic paint. I dried the paper with the heat gun.

Next I trimmed a piece of white card stock for the snowy ground.

And then I put all the pieces together and my card was done.



Have a nice Sunday and see you again next week. 

Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:



4 comments:

Sukie said...

Awesome card! The scene you created is absolutely adorable!

Pam MacKay said...

Love this fun and creative scene!

Mary Marsh said...

this Santa & snowman scene is so cute Anja. And your backgrounds are always amazing. I agree with you that 2020 has been an unusual year.

Joanne said...

So so cute Anja. I love how you used the snowman in the snow with the upside down Santa. Cute idea!