Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Tree Ornament




Happy Tuesday Cottagecutz fans, I hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to the week ahead. It’s Wendy bringing you the Tuesday blog today and my project is a fun Ornamente for your tree or it could be a shaker tag

I just love this die and I used it on my project last week. I am going to be sending all my family these decorations for their trees. The great thing is that you can personalise on the back with names and the year

Ok, so lets get onto the tutorial. Firstly I took the largest ‘Scalloped Stitched Circle in both blue and twice in white. I’ll explain later why I cut the extra white pice


With the 3rd largest circle I cut an aperture in the white piece of card

Next I cut a piece of acetate that fitted the scalloped circle without hanging over the edge. You can do this by using the 2nd largest circle. Top Tip, if you are cutting acetate it’s worth having a piece of paper beneath the acetate to ensure a nice clean cut.

Next I attached the acetate to the back of the white scalloped hoop and attached 3mm foam pads as i want this ornament to be a shaker ornament


So you can put this to one side whilst we create the shaker scene. I cut the second largest circle in white card and then use the ‘Hills Slimline’ to crate a snowy background. I also cut some white glitter trees from the ‘Winter House’ Accessories’ die as I think these are super cute. I attached this to the scene with glue as I didn’t need the extra height on the scene





I then cut out the elements from the ‘Snowman Reindeer Car’. I have fallen in love with this die, it is too cute. Once assembled, I attached this to my winter scene with glue. Again, additional height is not necessary as I need room for the fun snow!






Next I added the faux snow. It’s just white chunky glitter and I really think it looks realistic. I put the glitter directly onto the scene



I then peeled off the foam tape from the other piece of card and tack over the base card




To finalise I cut a hole in the top of the ornament and threaded through some twine. The remaining white circle I cut I’m going to print on with my relatives name and also the year. So here’s the finished project.



I really hope you like this project. Cottagecutz have so many dies that could be used in this little winter ornament. 

I wish you a fantastic week and look forward to seeing you again on Friday with a super new idea
Wendy

Dies I used








4 comments:

Paula said...

I think this is the most adorable shaker I have seen, it made me smile. I am going to make one or three as I bought the second release of the Christmas dies. So happy you are showing projects with the new dies.

Wendy Mind said...

Thank you so very much Paula. The dies are adorable and there are no other dies as cute on the market. So pleased you brought the second release

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable ornament love that it is a shaker

Cynthia said...

So adorable