Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Gingerbread family



Good morning CottageCutz friends, it’s Wendy bringing you the blog today, I really hope you’ve had a lovely weekend and are braced for the week ahead.

Today I’m bringing you a light touch tutorial and Friday will be a full tutorial

I just love this gingerbread family and I liked the die as parts could be easily separated

To begin with I cut my base card from white pearlescent card measuring 9” x approx. 4”. I then cut the ‘Circle windows’ Slimline’ in green pearlescent card and attached to my based card worth 1mm foam pads. I only did this around the edge so that I had enough room to slot the gingerbread family in.

Next I cut out small 3 elements of the gingerbread family and their component parts. I assembled and added some white stitching using a gel pen for effect.  /i also did this around the card

Next I added the family to the card, starting with the child at the top, mummy in the middle and daddy at the bottom. Here are some close ups for you





I had a wonderful die from a few years ago with I really wanted to play with which was the ‘Handmade cookies 2’. I thought they were a perfect match for my card so I cut out the base in fawn Bazzill card and then overlayed with white pearlescent card. I then scattered these about on the card when they looked grounded.

To finish off, I added some white gelato to make the gingerbread and the card look like it had flour / icing sugar on it. I think this really worked with the theme

I really hope you like the card today. I had such fun making it and I hope it inspires you to start making your Christmas cards

Have a a wonderful week and I will see you Friday for a full tutorial
Wendy


Dies I have used













1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable slimline! Those gingerbread people are so cute!