Tuesday, November 30, 2021

New Baby Card



Happy Tuesday Cottagecutz fans. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had lots of time with family and loved ones. It’s Wendy bringing you the blog today and I am mixing it up a bit. I love the new camping release and I have made quite a few camping scenes so I thought I’d try something slightly different

I have made a new baby card and just by changing the colours you can use these dies all year round and I think that’s what we want from theses dies.

This is a short tutorial today but I’ll be back on Friday with full tutorial

To begin with I cut the largest ‘Nested Stitched Scalloped Rectangles’. I then took the largest ‘Nested Stitched Rectangles’ and cut it out in green card. You don’t need to cut the full rectangle as I used the  ‘Grass Slimline’ to cut a small border. I then attached this to the card

Next I took a thin slither of brown card to act as a washing line and glued on the card. To fill up my washing line with stuffed animals I used the ‘Campin Out Racoon’ and ‘Campin out Moose and Reindeer’ dies. I cut them in very girlie colours but you could change it to a masculine theme. I attached the animals to the washing line with 1mm foam pads. 

Next I took the ‘Campin Out Mushrooms and Rocks’. I cut the main mushroom in pink and used a white gel pen to give them some features. Again these were attached to the card with 1mm foam pads.

To finish I took a folded card to fit the design and attached it with 3D foam pads. I also used the pegs from the ‘Baby Boy Clothes’ to secure the animals to the washing line. I then stamped a congratulations sentiment and attached the the bottom right of the card

I really hope that you like the card today as I had so much fun making it. I wish you a great week and make time for crafting. See you Friday for anther post
Wendy



Dies I used:











2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Creative idea to use these new dies to create a baby card

Pam MacKay said...

Clever idea and so cute too!