Friday, November 12, 2021

Santa hitching a ride



Happy Friday Scrapping Cottage fans. I really hope you’ve had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend ahead.  Today I’m sharing a simple and fun card with you, I just love the last 2 releases (well I love all Scrapping Cottages dies).

Firstly I took a piece of pale blue card measuring 6” x 4” when folded. I thought it gave the card a winter look. I then took the ‘Hills Slimline’. And cut them twice, one higher than the other so they could be overlayed. I glued the bottom panel but used 1mm foam pads for the next layer. 
I thought it would be nice to add some trees to the background and I used the trees from the ‘Winter House Accessories’ die. I cut them out of white glitter card and it is hard to see but they really glisten


Next I cut out Santa from ‘Santa’s Delivery’ die and all of the elements from the ‘Snowman Reindeer Die’. I cut the car out twice and layered it on top of each other to give it some depth. when you cut the car out,  it cuts the holes for the lights. I stuck a piece of card behind this and them and used some of my large crystal diamantés so they looked like headlights

I then assembled all remaining elements.I left the snowman’s arm until last so that it fit the steering wheel when put together


I attached the car and Santa using 1mm foam pads. Santa looks like he’s hitching a ride but I’m not sure that he’ll fit in the car. He may have to wait for his sleigh. I cut some holly from the ‘Woodland Christmas Set’ to put in the right hand corner out of the same glitter card as the trees and added some diamantés for berries

So here’s the final card. I really hope you like it. I had so much fun putting this together. I wish you a safe and happy weekend with lots if time to craft
Wendy


Dies I used






2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Cute Santa card

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable Christmas scene