Friday, November 05, 2021

Christmas Smores Penny Slider



Happy Friday Cottagecutz fans. It’s Wendy bringing you the Friday blog. I hope you’ve had a wonderful week and have plans for Christmas crafting this weekend. 

I really wanted to bring you something different today so I worked out that the smallest of the ‘Rounded Rectangles Slimline’ was great for crating a slider card. How fabulous is that!

So I have a full tutorial for you today to set you up for the weekend and helpfully inspire you to make some similar cards with the extensive Cottagecutz die range

To begin with I cut a pice of white card using the ‘Hills Slimline’ die twice. I’ll explain the reason for shortly.

So I took the smallest die from the ‘Rounded Rectangles Slimline’ to create the path for my slider die. I made the hill quite steep so that I could add some other embellishments to the card.




Next I cut out both S’mores, snowy trees and assembled. I wanted to give the side facing S’more some heft so it would move through the track so I attached another piece if card behind it and then I doubled up the ski’s,



So we are ready to get the slider up and running. Place the S’more on your desk and add approx. 4mm foam pads. Place the front layer of the card over the S’more and then attach a 1 penny coin.


Add the same height foam (4mm) all way around the front piece of card and attach this to the other piece of card that we cut in the same size which I mentioned in the opening tutorial


So then I started to attach the trees to the card before sticking over the finished design above. I also added a few snowflakes from the ‘Slimline Snowflake Background’


I added the other S’more to the right hand side of the card. Your slider card is now complete. Skiing S’more looks like he’s coming down the hill for a hot cocoa :-)

I really hope that you like the card and have got some inspiration for your Christmas crafting

Have a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to find time to craft
Wendy



Reminder: The CottageCutz You Tube channel is up and running again. We have new videos every Wednesday. Plus there is a giveaway on the channel. Details on the channel. Check it out here.  

Dies I used









3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love this card Wendy- such a fun way to show this die

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable slider card so fun!

PJ said...

So cute! But I'm wondering how the S'more slides down, I would think he would tumble. Is there a way to keep him/her upright?