Saturday, November 13, 2021

Santa Gnome in Present

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The new Christmas dies are in the online store with 40 new designs from Christmas Part 1 and 19 new designs from Christmas Part 2 and they are on a limited time sale at 30% off.

I send a lot of Christmas cards and during the busy holiday season, I need to make a few cards that are more simplified in design and can be reproduced quickly. This allows me to spend time on more detailed designs. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a design featuring the whimsical Santa Gnome in Present die from the Christmas Part 2 collection. We have so many cute gnomes in the collection this year. Here is a card I made using another one of them. 

 So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.

Design Steps:

I started my card this week with the layout. As I have said so many times before having the sketch in mind helps start as well as simplify the card making process for me. I liked the sketch #869 at Splitcoaststampers. I thought it would work well for this cheeky little gnome. 
Then I also used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #869. We were to use cherry cobbler, gold and shaded spruce. Perfect colors for the Christmas gnome. 
cherry cobbler, gold, shaded spruce


I had the perfect designer paper that had all the challenge colors. My card is a 5 1/4" square. For the diamond shape, I used the largest Stitched Square (3.5") die and the circle is the 2nd largest (3 1/4") from the Circle set

cherry cobbler base: 5 1/4" square
gold layer: 5" square
designer paper layer: 4 7/8" square

Next, I cut the Santa Gnome in the challenge colors. I used Art glitter glue to assemble the image. I like this one because it dries clear. 

I stamped my sentiment on an angle in the circle using the shaded spruce ink. I used my MISTI for placement. 

Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I used double sided tape to attach the panels. The Gnome is attached with dimensional adhesive. I also changed the Christmas ornament, I decided to cut it from the designer paper to give a bit more contrast against the green present box. 
To finish off my card, I attached the panel to the cherry cobbler card base and also scattered a few gold sequins. That's my card sample for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use the Santa Gnome in present die. See you next Saturday!

Reminder: The CottageCutz You Tube channel is up and running again. We have new videos every Wednesday. Plus there is a giveaway on the channel. Details on the channel. Check it out here.

dies I used to create card:






2 comments:

Wendy Mind said...

Super card Mary

Pam MacKay said...

Great Christmas plaid love the peeking Santa too!