Sunday, November 21, 2021

Campin out Moose


Happy Sunday Cottagecutz fans. It’s Wendy bringing you the blog today and I am super excited to be showcasing dies from the new Black Friday release. These dies are so cute and versatile and I know that I’m going to be able to use them all year long. There are 14 dies in the set and each one is fabulous for creating your camping scenes and so much more

So my first design today showcases quite a few of the dies, ‘Camping Out Moose and Reindeer’, ‘Campin Out Trees’, ‘Camping Out Mountains & Trees’, and ‘Campin Out Fox’

So I started with a white folded card measuring 5” x 4” when folded. Onto this in navy blue I added the largest of the ‘Nested Scalloped Stitched Rectangles’ and the 2nd largest ‘Stitched Rectangle’ on top for some height. I also cut the rectangle in white which i will explain about later

To create the background I have used the ‘Campin Out Mountains & Trees’ in grey and white card. The white card is for the mountain tops and I used a little blue chalk to give them a frosty feel. 

Next I took the stitched rectangle in white card as and shaped it with the ‘Hills Slimline’ to give a snowy affect and attached with 1mm foam pads

For the next part of the card I cut out all 3 sizes of the ‘Campin Out Trees’ and assembled. I used some dark green chalk to make them look realistic and attached to the card with 3D foam pads.

Next I cut out the moose, sausages on a stick and lantern from the ‘Campin Out Moose & Reindeer’ die and assembled. Before sticking them to the card I used the log from the ‘Campin Out Fox’ so that it looks like Mr Moose is sitting on the log. Both the moose, the log and the lantern were attached to the card with 3D foam pads. To finish I used a white gel pen to give the effect of either stars or snow

So we are now done with the first card or

I really hope you like this release. I was blown away with the dies and the team will be sharing their designs in the coming weeks

I wish you the very best for the rest of the weekend and keep crafting!
Wendy


Dies I used










 








2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Very cute camping scene

Mary Marsh said...

Love the new dies and you made such a cute card with them