Saturday, November 27, 2021

S'more Fun

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! Our annual Black Friday release is in the store, and you can pick it up at a great bundle price of only $49.95 or the individual dies at a 30% savings. There are 14 ever so cute new designs that can be used year round for your cardmaking. 

We are also having a Black Friday blowout sale with savings of up to 85% on selected dies. So shop early for the best selections. The sale ends Friday,  December 3. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a design featuring several of the Campin' Out dies. I made a birthday card for the 4 year old next door. We were over a couple of months ago sitting around their firepit and making s'mores. Maddie just loved us being there and talked non-stop for 3 hours. So I thought a card with a fire and marshmallows would be a cute card for her. 

Design Steps:

I decided to make a nighttime card in the slimline design. I found some perfect designer paper for the background. It already had the night sky and stars on it. I cut it from the largest Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline die. The card base is white and measures the same size as the designer paper. 

white card base: 3 1/2" x 8 1/2"
designer paper: 3 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Next, I cut the images. I used the Campin' Out FoxCampin' Out Hedgehog and Mouse and the Campin' Out Sun & Moon.
 
For the next step, I used the Hills Slimline die to cut a slope for the ground. I stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip ink. 
Now that all the elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the slope with double sided tape and the images with dimensional adhesive. 
I thought the card looked like it needed something else so I cut a tree from the Campin' Out Trees die. Took some white acrylic paint and splattered it around the card, added a few more yellow stars and some sparkle with clear wink of stella. 
And, that's my sample for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for another way to use these new dies. See you next Saturday!

Reminder: The CottageCutz You Tube Channel is up and running again. We have new videos every Wednesday. Plus there is a giveaway on the channel. Details on the channel. Check it out here.

Dies I used to create card:












2 comments:

Tam said...

Super cute!

Pam MacKay said...

Super fun night time camping scene!