Monday, September 20, 2021

Trio of Teddy Cards

Happy Monday Scrapping Cottage lovely people . It's Wendy bringing you the blog today! I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. My weekend has been full of crafting happiness and walking my little Border Terrier Betty. Isn't she a beauty :-)


Anyway back to today's blog post, Today, I bring you a trio of cards as they are easily repeated. I thought they woud be great cards to send to friends and loved ones just to let them know you are thinking of them


So to start these cards, I measured card blanks of 9.5cm x 9.5cm


On top of the cards I used the 'Nested Scalloped square' set. I adhered them using 1mm foam pads as I like my cards to have some depth



Next, I started cutting out all the elements from 'Mr Snuggles' die. I use this die so much that I have brought several over the years. It's a really good idea if you are making  lot of the same cards


You'll notice that the ears and the noses are the same colours as the base card, just to pull it all together.

 Next I die cut the sentiments that I wanted the bears to hold. These sentiment dies are such good value for money and I can see me using them on many ocassions.



Next I assembled Mr Snuggles with his sentiments, I think he looks really cute



I thought it might be nice to add some floral embelishments to the top left of the base card to give the card another point of reference and is a great finish to the final cards. I used the 'Little Princess & Roses' die. 



So here are my final cards. I've used black flat backed pearl for the eyes on the bears and gave them rosy cheeks with some chalks. Finally I've used some flat back gemstones for completion. I really hope
the cards. You could make sets of them to sell or to give them as a gift. It would be wonderful to make a box for them

 

Here are the dies used









5 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Such a sweet set of cards love that little bear

Joanne said...

Such a cute trio set of cards. Mr. Snuggles is one of my all time favorites.

tycodmom said...

Adorable set of cards!

Jeanne said...

Love the cards - they are adorable! (And so is Betty.)

simply monica said...

Well done ❤️❤️❤️