Saturday, September 04, 2021

Pet Sympathy Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Scrapping Cottage has just added a new brand to the company line. Lil' Bluebird Designs is being introduced with 16 new Photopolymer Clear Stamp Sets and 16 coordinating dies. There are stamps for so many of your card making occasions and then some. The coordinating dies just make it a perfect fit for your card making designs.

They are currently on sale at  25% off.

And speaking of new releases, we have just introduced new CottageCutz Sentiments with Shadows. There are 12 phrases in this new release and you can pick these up at a 25% off price as well.
The shadow dies are so popular right now and they coordinate so well with the new Lil' Bluebird Stamps and dies.

Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring the new Puppy Love Stamp & Die Set + Hugs w/Shadow die. I used the set to create a pet sympathy card. I never seem to have one of these cards on hand when a friend or family member loses a pet. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
Having a layout in mind at the card start is always a big boost for me. That way I can just choose the card colors and designer paper, and I am good to go. I liked this week's Sketch #869 from Splitcoaststampers. I thought it was a great layout to use several of the stamps.
I found this dog themed paper in my collection. I liked all the "dog" words and the distressed appeal of the paper. Even with the diamond shape you can still read though a lot of the words. 

Maraschino red card base: 4 3/4" square
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/2" square
Diamond Layer (Element 2) - 2nd largest Stitched Square die 
Circle Layer: 3rd largest Circle Set 
Next, I stamped and colored the images from the set that I was using for my card.
I cut my Hugs sentiment from the maraschino & a dark brown cardstock.
I used the following Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils for my color medium. 

I used a stamp that had the words "sending big" and stamped that in the circle. Used my MISTI just in case a double inking was required and it was. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the card layers with double sided tape. 
To finish off my card front, I attached the images with dimensional adhesive. The "hugs" phrase is attached with glue dots. 

To complete the inside, I stamped a pet sympathy sentiment. I used the paw print from this stamp set just for a little added interest. 
And that's my card for this week. I hope I have given you another idea of a different way to use these new stamps and dies. Sometimes you just have to think "out of the box". See you next Saturday. 



Stamps & Dies I used to create card:










 

3 comments:

Sukie said...

Cute card! The background papers are gorgeous with the images and sentiments!

Pam MacKay said...

Great design and paper so cute

Jeanne said...

Cute card Mary! Great way to show support for someone’s who has lost a fur baby.