Friday, September 10, 2021

Thanks A Latte

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a thank you card for the coffee lover in your life.  In my case the biggest coffee lovers I know are ME and my husband!  I drink it all day long and even have an espresso machine. Naturally I love the new Coffee Time stamps and dies from Lil' Bluebird Designs.

 

For this card I created my own patterned paper by stamping some of the images at random on a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch Crumb Cake cardstock.  I say random, but it wasn't completely.  I knew I was going to highlight one of the coffee cups so I needed to make sure at least one was off  center and did not overlap the edge.  To fill in the space between the cups I used the coffee beans.

For my color on this card I chose red.  I colored one coffee cup using Prismacolors and then die cut the Thanks w/Shadow sentiment in coordinating colors.  I used Soft Suede, a brown that is slightly darker than the Crumb Cake.

I stamped the sentiment Thanks A Latte slightly off center on my card using black ink.  I wanted to make sure it stood out from the background.

Then I added my sentiment with shadow on top.  This makes a strong focal point and covers the top line of stamping nicely.  I had originally planned to mask off the sentiment but this works just as well and is easier!

 

Finally I popped up my coffee cup using foam dots.

This card can be made in any color and would also look great on white with pastel colored images stamped in the background.

Be sure to visit the online store.  The big Labor Day Sale ends tonight September 10 at 9:00 pm Pacific!

Products used: 

 


Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend.

3 comments:

Sukie said...

Great coffee card! I like how you used the stamped images to create your background!

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the little pop of red

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great thank you card for a coffee loving friend