Friday, September 17, 2021

Congratulations on a New Home

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne with Friday's edition of the blog.  I have a card that would be perfect for welcoming a new neighbor or giving to a friend who just purchased a home.  It features the Home Sweet Home stampsand dies from Lil' Bluebird Designs, the Circles Windows Slimline and the Congratulations w/Shadow die.

To begin this card I colored and die cut several house and trees.  I actually did more but these are the ones I decided to use.

I used Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers to color them.


 My next step was to create the card base.

I cut a panel from white cardstock using the largest of the Nested Rectangle Slimline dies and the one from the Circles Windows Slimline die. 

I then cut 2 1/2 inch squares from three colors of the patterned paper and the coordinating solid colors.

I also cut the sentiment from coordinating cardstock.  Because the die cuts the shadow and script with one pass, I had two sentiments to choose from. I'll keep the extra with the die for future use.


To get the curved ground, I used washi tape to secure the solid color squares to my die cutting plate.  Then I taped my curved die to the plate so it would not move while I cut it.

This gave me a nice continuous curve across all three colors!

Then I adhered my squares behind the circle windows.  To make sure they were even I drew a pencil line 1/2 inch up from the bottom on back of the window panel and marked the center point and sides of the middle square.

When aligning objects, it is best to start in the middle and adjust from the center as you can always adjust side to side. 

 I added my houses....

 ...and the sentiment.  Perfect for a new homeowner or new neighbor!  I hope you've enjoyed my card today.  Be sure to visit the online store where the Lil' Bluebird Stamps are on sale for a limited time.

Products used:



Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!





3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute idea for a new homeowner and I like the slimline design

Pam MacKay said...

Love the bright cheery colors cute design too!

Wendy Mind said...

I love this card admits like 3 separate cards in one. Well made!