Friday, September 24, 2021

Puppy Celebration

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with fun birthday card for the dog lover in your life.  The card features pups from the Lil' Bluebird Designs Puppy Love stamp set and the Celebrate w/Shadow die.

I started by using a card sketch from Splitcoaststampers however as often happens I diverged from the sketch. First I flipped it and then in order to fit in all three images, I used a strip down the side instead of circles.  I stamped the images at angles to add a bit of whimsy.

To color the images I used a technique that I learned years ago.  I started by laying down a flat layer of alcohol markers.

 After laying down the marker, I added Prismacolor pencils on top of the marker.  This gives nice shading and detail.

For the card, I cut an A2 base from festive, birthday themed paper and I cut my puppy strip to 1 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches.

When cutting the sentiment the die cuts the shadow and word at the same time.
This gave me two choices for my sentiment.

I glued the strip down the right side and added a felt embellishment that I had in my stash.  I decided to use the pink background sentiment on the card.  The other one I placed in the die package for future use.

Products used:



Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great birthday card for a dog owner - love it!!!

Pam MacKay said...

Cute puppy card!

simply monica said...

Love the fun bright colors