Saturday, September 18, 2021

Home Sweet Home Christmas

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Scrapping Cottage has just added a new brand to the company line. Lil' Bluebird Designs is being introduced with 16 new Photopolymer Clear Stamp Sets and 16 coordinating dies. There are stamps for so many of your card making occasions and then some. The coordinating dies just make it a perfect fit for your card making designs. They are currently on sale at 25% off

And speaking of new releases, we have just introduced new CottageCutz Sentiments with Shadows. There are 12 phrases in this new release and you can pick these up at a 25% off price as well.
The shadow dies are so popular right now and they coordinate so well with the new Lil' Bluebird Stamps and dies.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I decided to create a card using one of the new stamp sets. I was thinking of those of you out there they may not like coloring images. So I thought I would show you a card that required no coloring.  I have created a Christmas card using the new Home Sweet Home stamp & die set + the Mountains & Trees Slimline  & Hills Slimline dies. 

So let's get started on some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:  

I started this card by looking for some designer paper with a darker snowy background which would allow me to keep my houses and trees white. I found this snowflake pattern. So far so good!
 
Blueberry card base: 4 3/8" x 5 1/2"
White Layer Panel : 4 3/16" x 5 5/16"
Designer Paper: 4 1/4" x 5 1/4"
I stamped my houses in stormy sky distress ink. The color matched nicely with the designer paper. 
The  pine trees and snow banks I cut in white cardstock. The hills die is 9 1/2" so I was able to get 2 snowbanks at  4 1/4" each from the single cut. 


On the bottom snowbank I stamped my Christmas sentiment and some trees from the Camping Critters Stamp set. Looks like that one is sold out but you could also use the pine tree from the Forest Friends stamp set. 
Card elements are ready and now I can start the assembly. I decided to add some chunky glitter to the snowbanks for added interest. At this point some things started to go south. You know how that happens sometimes when you are cardmaking. 

My designer paper didn't line up straight enough for me and when I tried to lift it off the cardstock it wrinkled. So I had to cut another piece and the pattern is just a bit different. I used dimensional adhesive to attach the snowbanks and they weren't placed quite right and when I tried to lift it - yep it wrinkled my cardstock. I had to redo just the bottom one. Sometimes you just have cardmaking sessions that go this way!  
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base and scattered some iridescent snowflakes. I hope I have given you an idea on a way to use these new dies that required no coloring. See you next Saturday!


Stamps & Dies I used to create card:

 






4 comments:

Wendy Mind said...

Beautiful card Mary, I love the colours you’ve used, just perfect!

Jeanne said...

What a pretty winter scene!

Pam MacKay said...

Very pretty snowy scene love the trees in the background

tycodmom said...

Lovely card!