Saturday, October 01, 2011

Halloween Accordion Flower ideas

Hey, everyone from Sunny Singapore ! 
It's October already - 
plenty of time still to create Halloween projects 
if you haven't already started.;) 

 I wanted to use some of our mini dies on a project
and thought why not together with an accordion flower idea ! 

For this rosette , I cut the My Little Shoebox Trick or Treat patterned paper 
measured at 2x12" and scored at every 3/4".
After folding the scored lines accordion style , 
I adhered one end of the folded piece to the other to create a circle. 
I cut a piece of circle about 2" in diameter to adhere over the accordion flower center 
as well as to keep it in place.

I also diecut our ornate circle frame in silver metallic paper to frame the dark circle center. 

My Frog mini diecut was cut out of coordinating My Little Shoebox Trick or Treat green patterned paper and then inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot for more depth and definition. Finally I adhered the Frog mini using a foam pad to pop it off the background. 

The finished size of this accordion flower is about 4.5" .


For this accordion flower ( finished size is about 7" in diameter ) , 
I cut 2 strips of patterned paper each measuring 2x12" and scored at every 1/4".
I  adhered each end of the  2 accordion folded pieces to each other to create my circle.
I cut a piece of circle about 3.5" in diameter to adhere on the back of  the accordion flower center to keep it in place.
I used our ornate circle frame again for the flower center ,
 this time diecutting with a silver glitter paper.


My Owl Mini was diecut out of self adhesive cardstock.
You can use these accordion flowers on wands, banners , on top of boxes - 
the possibilities of decorating them are endless too. 

Do share with us your accordion flower ideas on Facebook or in the comments section here. We'd love to see them ! 

hugs, 


2 comments:

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Those are darling Pearl!!!

Lorie said...

Wow! Pearl these turned out just beautifully! I can see these made into Halloween Prize ribbons, or added to any Halloween decor. Wonderful idea!!!!