Saturday, October 15, 2011

Everything's coming up Poppies!

I love poppies! I have to say they are one of my favorite flowers, so I decided I needed to figure how to make one using my CottageCutz dies. I used the Pink Peony Flower for the petals and the stamen is from the Orchid Flower.



Step 1. Cut one base flower, 2 petal pieces and 3 stamens.


Step 2. Ink the petals. I used Distress Ink ( Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Black Soot).


Step 3. Cut into the base flower to form four separate petals (but don't cut all the way through). Cut the end off of the stamens, so you just have a tip with three balls.



Step 4. Shape the parts with a flower shaping tool or ball stylus.


Step 5. Assemble the flower. Add a little Flower Soft in Sage Green for the centers.



Here's a layout that I made using some of the poppies. This is a picture of my nephew at the Land of Oz festival with the Wicked Witch. The quote says, " And now my beauties, something with poison in it. Poppies...poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep." ~ Wicked Witch of the West







Hope you get a chance to try these beautiful flowers!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Brillant and I love poppies too!!! Love the colors all together on your layout.

Angelica - Market Street Stamps said...

These are gorgeous!! Thanks for the tutorial too, I am going to give this a try! They look fab on your layout!

CreatedbyKay said...

Such cute poppies! Such creativity!

Unknown said...

Gini. This is beautiful. The layout is amazing and those poppies are stunning!!!