Thursday, October 13, 2011

It'll be OWLright!


Good Morning Scrapping Cottage friends! Angelica here and I have a sweet little card for you today that would be perfect if you need to cheer someone up!

I love this cute owl (Stylized Owl) and thought he'd be the perfect focal point against my Woodgrain background from Market Street Stamps.


I wanted him to look a little nervous so I placed the pupils closer together and towards the top of his eyes. The packaging shows them looking down.

I used just a bit of Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Ink to give his little wings, eyes, and body some depth. I opted to leave the leaves off and added some Prima sculpted flowers to the side instead.

I finished off the brown cardstock piece with a bit of whimsy faux-stitching (I didn't want it to look too perfect) and a piece of "Ripe Avocado" ribbon from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment was heat-embossed with Seafoam White (Ranger) Embossing powder and is from my Night Owls set (Market Street Stamps).

This owl will be adorable on all your Halloween projects too!! I used a die cut from My Little Shoebox, and for Halloween, I could have simply layered some black behind it so it looked like he was in front of a moon!

Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration! Have a wonderful day! - Angelica


3 comments:

Jessica Kubit said...

This is so super adorable!!
Jessica

buglvr2010 said...

This is so cute! I love that owl!

Unknown said...

Really cute! Love the retro feel to this one.