Sunday, July 10, 2011

That Pout!

Good Morning everyone! I am SO excited to be sharing my first Design Team project for Cottage Cutz and The Scrapping Cottage! I created a scrapbook layout for you today, but before we move onto the project, here's a little bit about me:

Hey guys! It's Angelica (pronounced Ahn-hel-ee-kah, you might laugh but you'd be surprised how many people think my name is Helga when they meet me!) - I live in Green Bay, WI along with my super stamping family!

My parents own Peachy Keen Stamps, Inc. and I am the Lead Illustrator/Co-owner of Market Street Stamps, LLC. I absolutely love paper crafting! You can find me blogging all my creations on Handmade by Angelica.

As a busy mom of two lovely little girls - Lucy (3) and Marlee (2), a wife, and a small business owner, my days are packed, but I always try and make room for something crafty or artful each day. Even if it's just doodling a page in my art journal.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Joanne and Greg (owners of the Scrapping Cottage) as well as some of my new fellow designers a few times, and I am beyond thrilled to be designing for a wonderful company with such amazing people behind it! The Cottage Cutz design team is a fabulously talented bunch, and I'm flattered to design along with them.

And now for the layout! 
I don't scrapbook as much as I should. In fact, I can probably count on my two hands how many layouts I've actually completed. But, when I saw the Peeker Pocket I knew I had to fill it with some fun pull-out journaling. I tend to get overwhelmed when I start a 12x12 page, so I decided to use the pocket size as my guide and created an 8x8 page which ended up being a perfect proportion, don't you think? 

{click photo to enlarge}
I added this photo of Marlee (shot by my pal Scott Eastman) and used her sweet pout as the inspiration for my Scrabble tiled title. I used Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe Collection) and My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose - Mabel Collection) to create this orange and blue color scheme. I just love these colors together!


{click photo to enlarge}

For the pocket (Peeker Pocket from Cottage Cutz), I used a light blue shade of cardstock and started distressing around the edges. All of my jeans get worn OUT, and I wanted it to look like a good, lived-in jean pocket. So, I took a bit of "Weathered Wood" Distress Ink after it was all frayed along the edges and sponged it on. I then added in a bit of "Faded Jeans" and a touch of "Vintage Photo" Distress Inks for depth. After both inks were blended onto the pocket, I took a medium grit piece of sandpaper and scratched it up for even more of the worn-in look. 

To create this easy-peasy journaling tag, I cut my cardstock down to fit inside the pocket (about 3" x 3.75"). I stamped my Vintage Notepad background stamp (from Market St. Stamps) in "Antique Linen" Distress Ink and punched the side with a border punch to make it look like notebook paper.

I think I'm going to make a bunch of these during the girls' naps this week and keep them on hand for some of my future layouts - I love the large 4x4" size of the pocket - it's super versatile for embellishing and for adding in journaling! For complete details on what products I used, please visit me on my blog, I'll have them posted in just a bit!

Thanks to the Cottage Cutz crew for this fantastic opportunity!  And thank all of you so much for visiting The Scrapping Cottage and reading a bit about me! I'm so looking forward to sharing and getting to know everyone! 

Hugs,
Angelica

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Beautiful layout, Angelica! I don't know how you could EVER say "no" to that sweet little face!! Precious!!!!

Josie0602 said...

Adorable baby and adorable layout!!

Janice W. said...

Cute as can be! That pocket looks like the real thing!

Joanne said...

Adorable and I love the pocket! Great layout Angelica!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

I love your layout Angelica! Your pocket looks like you ripped it off a pair of jeans.

FYI: It gets easier to say "no" the older they get. :)

Ruthie :)

Glora said...

How perfect! And how can you say "No" to that face, seriously! That pocket is AMAZING! I just love how you weathered and distressed it up to look like a comfy pair of jeans! You are so talented! Hugs- Glora

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Cute LO Angelica - your daughter is adorable and your pocket distressing is so cool! Welcome to the team and thanks for sharing with us today.

GabyCreates.com said...

So cute!!! Great job Angelica! Marlee is just adorable! and the pocket does look like the real thing!

Unknown said...

Angelica, your layout is really cool - the pocket looks great. And your daughter is adorable! What a talented family you come from - I love Market Street and Peachy Keen! Can't wait to serve with you on this DT!
hugs,
Gini