Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crazy Canuck Alert


Hi Everyone, Erika Taylor here today to share a little about me. First off, I'm super excited to be a part of the Scrapping Cottage design team and I'm so looking forward to working with the entire team, many I've had the pleasure of working with before.

A novel about me...got your morning coffee ready?

I'm a stay at home mom to two very special children. Our little boy is 6 and is filled with wonder, creativity and love. A true gift in every sense with a heart as big as Texas I'm certain. Then we have our little girl of just about 4, who adds to my happy days with her silly sense of humor, love for anything with wings or petals or sparkle and her soft tender soul. I've been married to the handsomest of men Mark, who is a Petroleum Engineer, for 6 years and we currently reside in Southern Alberta.

I've been crafting since I was little and I'm sure my first love was construction paper or Play-doh. About 3 years ago I started crafting cards and now I'm hook line and sinker for so many crafts. Paper crafts, mixed media, altered art and jewelry are the big ones. I love to layer and distress and a little blingage can be found on almost every project.

I'm fortunate to be on quite a few design teams. From Tattered Angels, Nikki Sivils, Basically Bare and Helmar. Now I'm adding a new adventure to the mix. I adore Tiramisu, Italian Sweet Cream and my moms lasagna. I'm a romantic through and through and love poetry and beautiful works of art. I'm most comfortable in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, although I've got a shoe "thang".

I have always been drawn to mythical things. From King Arthur to Griffins. I collect fairies and my favorite insect is the butterfly. I'm a Twihard and am counting down days until the Breaking Dawn release. My favorite color is Pink and I adore a good Malbec or Merlot.

I can't wait to start sharing my Scrapping Cottage projects with all of you and I hope that you stop by my blog and take a look at what I create on a regular basis. So when you see my name here on the blog, just remember the crazy haired Canadian.

Until next time
Toodles
Erika Taylor


3 comments:

Janice W. said...

Welcome Erika! I am looking forward to learning more about you and seeing what you create!

Pearl said...

Great to see you here too, Mrs E !!!cant wait to see your creations !!!

Unknown said...

Glad to be on this team with you Erika! I know you will do a fantastic job!
hugs,
Gini