Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm SEW Excited!!



Hello everyone I'm Cheryl, and I'm SEW excited to be part of The Scrapping Cottage DT!  I LOVE working with these DARLING die cutz, they are all sew sweet!! I'm also honored to be working along side of such wonderful,talented designers!

Now for a little bit about me :)
I just turned 41 this week, and I've been married for 21years to the best hubby in the world! He supports my crafting like no other, and also helps me whenever needed in my craft room. He has also designed a few cards for me as well, he is SEW SWEET!!!  We have 3 children, 2 cats, and 1 little dog :) Ive been crafting since I was about 16 years old , I started scrapbooking in 1996 or shortly before my youngest was born. I then started card making in 2006 shortly after our move to Utah. I have always LOVED crafting, no matter what kind its been :) Currently I design cards,layouts,mini albums,altered items, and so on :) Crafting is a LOVE, and Passion of mine, and its sew relaxing!

Today Im going to share a card and tag I made using the Cottage Cutz Dies:
I also have a video to share on how I put together my dress form and it is below :) 
For my card I used the SWEET dress form dicut(LOVE THIS) and decorated it with vintage lace, and some trim. Ive also used the same dress form for my tag as well, only changing the stand a bit. The stand on my tag was distressed with ink, but everything else is the same. I also used the spool of thread for a tag to add some writing. 
Hehehehe I have to warn you that at the end of my video I didn't notice that I was adding the tulle to the backside of my dress form...hehehehe sorry!!! You will want to add it to the front :) Hugs to all!!!
Cottage Cutz Dress Form Video
Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed todays post & video!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

8 comments:

Janice W. said...

Your card and tag are stunning, and I enjoyed your videos too! Beautiful work!

Pearl said...

your dress is just adorable , Cheryl ! love all the details of your creations here !

Cindy Haffner said...

Congrats Cheryl, your work is also SUPERB!!~

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

I loved your video! Thanks for sharing how do this - I've tried stuff like this before and it seems as though the hot glue is what I needed.
Great work!

Bonnie Garby said...

What a pretty card and tag Cheryl and your video was terrific. Thanks for sharing!

carousellady said...

Love the card and tag and thanks for all the tips on the video.

Unknown said...

Congrats Cheryl--- I love what you have done here too!

Joanne said...

This is beautiful and I love the video Cheryl. Great job and thank you!