Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sew Glad to Meet You!

Hi, I'm Gini, and I am one of the newest members of the CottageCutz Design Team. I'm so thrilled to be a part of this very talented group of ladies. Before I show you my project for today, I thought you might like to know a little about me.

I have always loved everything vintage - and that has really influenced my work. Even as a little girl, I collected beaded purses and antique clothes, and had boxes of old photos and ephemera. And yeah, this was all by the time I was 9 years old. So I guess I was that quirky kid that everyone just kind of thought marched to her own drum. That early sense of style lead to someone who has a passion to create, who is confident in her own designs, but who also appreciates the historic influences of the past.


I have been crafting all of my life, in one form or another. I was a very successful bead artist (you can see my work on my blog - http://ginicagle.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-beadwork.html ). I had my work published in over a dozen books and magazines, and lectured and taught all over the country, but...my beaded pieces took 500-1000 hours to complete. About 10 years ago, I started scrapbooking, when my first nephew was born. I instantly fell in love with the immediacy of the medium (compared to the crazy hours I spent beading!) In the past year or two, I have really gotten serious with the craft and love finding new ways to take my pieces to the next level. It's really funny to look at any of my work, from beadwork to paper and to be able to see the same style emerge, regardless of the medium. I have always loved dimension, and color and layers.


Paper crafting is really a family thing for me. My sister and I l used to get together once a week to craft , but now she has moved right next door - so it's one big crafting party. We are so excited to be serving on this team together! And of course,my five year old nephew wants in on the action as well! My husband doesn't ever craft with me, but he is my biggest cheerleader, and is always supportive of what I do. We have been married for two years. We have a fairytale romance - we knew each other in high school and were friends, but went over 20 years without any contact, and reconnected on Facebook and quickly knew we were meant to be together. I work as a dental hygienist, so creating with paper is always a welcomed release!



The card that I am sharing with you today is a Z-fold card. I love how the new MLS dies coordinate so perfectly with the MLS papers - Sew Cute. I used the Sewing Notions die and the coordinating stamp set. The detail with these dies are so fun - I really love all of the dimension that they bring to my projects.

I am already working on my next projects to share with you, so until then...


9 comments:

Joanne said...

Welcome Gini to the team! We are so very excited to have you. I love the Z-fold card. Very cute and fun!!!

Janetlynne said...

love it....

Anonymous said...

Love your card!!! :-)

Lorie said...

Love the way you layered the pin cushion and all the beautiful details, Gini! Adorable!!!!

Pearl said...

Such fun details with the die cuts , Gini !!

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Beautiful! Welcome to the team!

Barbara said...

Great color selections and looking forward to more of your creations.

Cheryl Walker said...

Gini I LOVE your card with the z-fold you used, beautiful job, and love the cottage cutz you used as well!! Beautiful job as always :)

Ps. Im jealous I wish I had a crafting sis that lived right next door...hehehehe
Hugs,
Cheryl

Janice W. said...

Welcome Gini! Thanks for sharing a bit about you! I love your card! It is so pretty! How fun to be on the team with your sister!