Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sew Great!

Good morning!  Kay and I are doing a little switching up today, so while Kay is out of town, I have a card to share with you, and while I'm in Chicago at CHA on Friday, Kay will be here with something wonderful to share.  For this card, I used one of the new Cottage Cutz dies from The Scrapping Cottage, designed by My Little Shoebox.  These adorable dies are made to coordinate with the wonderful papers, stickers, and embellishments that are already favorites of so many.  Adding dies to this already amazing line is a SUH-WEET deal!!

I used the Sewing Machine and Dress Form 4x4 die, and  I cut everything except the dress form with white card stock and colored with my Copics.  For the dress form, I used patterned paper, and just shaded with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen.  the sentiment is from a set of stickers that coordinated perfectly with this collection from My Little Shoebox.  I actually wrapped the spool of thread with embroidery floss, and threaded it around the machine.  I even added a little hand stitching for added texture and interest.  I really like the way this turned out, and it was "SEW" much fun!!!!  Does anyone else remember sewing machines that were colored similar?  I remember that we had a pink on in my Home Ec. Class.  It's so funny what we randomly remember.

Thanks for dropping by, have a blessed day, and happy crafting!!!


4 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Lorie your card is DARLING hun!! I love the colors of your sewing machine, and its tooo sweet! Beautiful job!! :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Barbara said...

Lorie, I love what you did with the thread on the machine and the stitches. When you mentioned Home Ec,had a flashback to my first Home Ec class in 8th grade. We didn't have colored machines, just black, that required foot power! LOL My project was to make a dress which turned out fairly well except I did not allow for hem when I cut the skirt!!!! I'm sure there are others out there with their own funny sewing stories.

Pearl said...

adorable details on this one, Lori ! fab ideas !!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I <3 it :-)