Monday, July 11, 2011

Swedish Style Bird

Hello Everyone!  Lots of new changes happening here at the Cottage!  How FUN!  Welcome to the new DT members.  Looking forward to getting to know you!

I was away for 2 weeks.  Had a wonderful time with family and friends!  I so enjoyed seeing my 8 sisters and having a slumber party with lots of yummy food, laughter, and sitting around a campfire.  I am trying to make this a yearly event!

I also got to meet Kathy Jakopovich, The Peachy Queen, and her family.  Angelica, her daughter, just introduced herself to the Scrapping Cottage Design Team.  I am thrilled she is joining us with her artistic talent and sweet personality.




Now on to my card for today.  I use the Bird with Flowers die from the Flower Power Release.  As I designed the card, it reminded me of the Swedish style of art with vivid colors.  I was thinking of the Dala.  I made the card first and then searched for a photo that I thought could have been the inspiration.  A little backward, I know, but art takes me on a journey.

I enjoyed making this card and I hope you like it!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs and smiles,
Janice



5 comments:

Angelica Suarez said...

Aw, it was SO great to meet you too, Janice! Your Swedish-inspired Bird is just lovely! I love Nordic art and your bird and flower are perfect representations. Hugs, Angelica

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Lovely dies!

Lorie said...

Beeeeeeautiful, Janice! LOL!! I have to laugh at the fact that you made the card and THEN went looking for inspiration. That sounds SO MUCH like me!!! I love your bright, beautiful and very cheerful card!!

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Such an "artsy" project today. Love the bright colors!

Unknown said...

Janice, I love how you just made the bird pop with your bright cheerful colors! This is so lovely.
hugs,
Gini