Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sew Much Fun !!!


Hey everyone , hello from Sunny Singapore !
So excited to share my first creation with you here today !

I was so thrilled to have the Cottage Cutz latest releases in my hands that
I simply had a little die cutting frenzy with my Cuttlebug machine .
I started off diecutting with scraps of neutral colored cardstock - brown , white ,kraft
and then I worked them out with My Little Shoebox's Sew Cute papers .
Here are the die designs that I tried out first -





I did not have many pre-conceived ideas for my first project
except that I was going to use some of the die cuts together
on this step center card and I knew I would want a dressform at least.
So from my random die cutting , I put a few designs layered up
and this center panel came together quickly .
Essentially, I used the oval frame and ribbon from the Cameo and Oval Frame die ,
the dressform from the Sewing Machine and Dressform die,
the heart for the ribbon center is from the Laundry Line die.

After I finished my center panel , I then decorated the rest of the card
with My Little Shoebox Handmade pp, cardstock stickers and journalling spots.
I snuck in a little kraft button on top of the heart button sticker -
cut with the Sewing Notions die .

This was sew much fun for me , and it was just mainly using glue and paper
and of course these adorable Cottage Cutz dies,designed by My Little ShoeBox.

hugs, Pearl












7 comments:

Janice W. said...

Beautiful card Pearl! I love the oval frame and ribbon behind the dress form! Great work!

Lorie said...

What a perfect combination of dies, Pearl! This is just beautiful, and the stair step for this was brilliant! So very well done, and just lovely!!!

carousellady said...

what an adorable card. Love how you added the hula skirt to the dress form.

BuzzyBeeCottage said...

Great card. Love the frame.

Unknown said...

How lovely! Your tutu on the dressform is awesome!
hugs,
Gini

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Really cute stuff and I love the dimension!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun! I love your dress form and oval frame you used :) very sweet!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl