Sunday, July 02, 2023

July 4 - God Bless America

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new release in the online store. It's our Patriotic 4th of July release with 12 amazing patriotic designs. You can still pick up the individual dies at 30% off

If you love making patriotic cards to honor a veteran, to celebrate the 4th of July or to display your love for America, we have you covered with this new release. And don't forget about scrapbooking the photos you took at your July 4th celebrations. 

There is also a 4th of July sale going on right now in the online store. It runs through July 7th with savings of up to 70%. 

My card for today is featuring the Statue of Liberty die in a diagonal joy fold design. Here is a link to another card I made in this design with a complete tutorial. 

I looked at photos online of the Statue of Liberty to get an idea of the color. Over the years it took on a green patina with copper underneath. So, I attempted to recreate that color by using distress inks in salvaged patina and hickory smoke. 

For the background on this image panel, I used prized ribbon, salvaged patina and villainous potion distress inks for the ink blending. My buildings are cut from the City Skyline Slimline die and I added a few glittery stars to this panel. 

On the diagonal panel I used designer paper and I cut my July 4 phrase from the Stitched Alphabet and Stitched Numbers die. We have a new die in the Patriotic release - Happy 4th of July but I couldn't get it to fit on my diagonal panel. The red swirl is part of the USA Flag die that I had left over from another card. 
This is a photo of the card closed.
And here is the card inside. I used the Fireworks die.
Well, that's it for me for this post. Happy 4th of July and see you again on Saturday!






No comments: