Monday, July 10, 2023

Just CHICKEN in ♡ I Miss You

Happy Monday everyone!

It's Kris sharing with you today some inspiration using our Folk Art collection!  I've used the Folk Art Hen to let someone know I'm just CHICKEN in ... cuz I miss them ☺


For this card, I used very few supplies and colors and let the cute dies and papers do the work!  I've used  the Folk Art Hen, Pierced Ovals, Scalloped Ovals, Stitched Sun, and some papers from 'On the Farm' pack by Doodlebug Designs.

Design Steps:


1)  I started with a 5-1/2" square top-folding card base and layered a grey square that was cut at 5-1/4". 

2)  I already had a left-over piece of this cute chicken paper that had an oval already die cut from it so I cut it down to 5".  (The oval size is the 2nd largest from the Pierced Oval dies) I cut a piece of red bandana paper just a li'l bit larger than my oval opening and attached it to the back of my chicken paper.  

3)  I used a strip of the chicken paper that was cut off  when I trimmed that paper to 5" and used the backside -- which has a chicken wire pattern -- and attached that to the lower part of my card. I then wrapped some natural colored twine around that strip of chicken wire paper, and tied in a somewhat of a bow.  Then added a cute red/white gingham brad and attached on top of the grey layer. 

4)  Next, I die cut a white oval frame by layering the 2 largest of the Pierced Oval dies together, taped them in place with a low-tac tape and ran it thru my machine.  Then I glued on top of the oval opening on card.


5)  I die cut my Hen from light grey, white, and red cardstock (to match the cute chickens on my paper!) and assembled.


6)  I noticed the red comb & wattle of my chicken were lost again the red bandana paper, so I die cut a Stitched Sun and placed behind her head ☺  I also added some white gel pen detail on all the red pieces.


7)  And lastly... I added some Scattered Straw (Distress Oxide Ink) onto a piece of white cardstock since that was the closest I thought would match my paper, and then ran it through my computer printer to get the sentiment on it.  Then I backed it with a Scalloped Oval and popped it onto card with foam dots.

****TIP:  I did try printing my sentiment first, then ink blended over it, but the opacity of this pigment ink just covered up my sentiment!  Lesson learned!  LoL.


Thanks so much for taking a look today!  I hope you are inspired to get crafty with your favorite CottageCutz dies!  These Folk Art ones are so cute and different - We'd LOVE to see what you are creating too!  Please use hashtag #cottagecutz when posting so we can find your projects!

~Kristine










1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

So cute and a great way to let someone know you miss them in folk art style