Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Folk Art Mixed Flowers Birthday Card

Happy Tuesday crafty friends,
I hope your day is going well and you are beating the heat wherever you're at. It has been sizzling here in Florida.

One of the best ways to beat the heat, is to stay inside and do a little crafting. I had the chance to work with some of the wonderful dies from Cottage Cutz's rescent Folk Art dies release. Here is what I created.
I created this birthday card for my future sister in law's 30th birthday. My card is a side folding A4 card. I used the pretty flower dies from the Folk Art Mixed Flowers Die Set available from their website:  CottageCutz.com

I started by cutting out the various flowers from the die. I cut them all out from White cardstock. I then proceeded to color them with my markers. Some I did leave white. I added some foam to the back of some of them so I could give them some lift.

I used some lavendar paper for a mat. Here you can see that I ran it through my die cut machine with an embossing folder. Towards the top you can see where I used the nested stitched circle doily die. I used one of the smaller pierced circle dies for a mat. I then added the Happy Birthday Shadow die for the top and main sentiment.

Here is a closeup of some of the flowers I assembled on the top. I added some stickles to some of the centers and the various flowers. I also used some diamond dots for the centers of some of the others.

Here's another photo and it also shows the happy birthday on top of the circle pierced mat on top of the doily die cut. You can see I used some foam tape to give it some lift. I also used a tiny diamond dot to dot the "i" in birthday.

Here is one last look at my finished card. I think it turned out very cute and I think she liked it. I used various shades of purple as that is her favorite color.










Happy Birthday w Shadow
Out of Stock


Don't forget to check out the Cottage Cutz You Tube channel to see all the wonderful project on there as well. It will really get your creative juices going!

Well that about covers it for today. Be sure to keep coming by each day to see what else the super creative designers are up to! Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day.

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So pretty love the flowers and design

Mary Marsh said...

This is beautiful Melinda- love the color combo