Saturday, July 08, 2023

Folk Art Bear at Christmas.

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our new Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking. 

They allow you to add a beautiful touch of folk art to whatever you may be creating - birthday, thank-you, new home, thinking of you and even Christmas. The design team has featured many creative ideas using these dies so take a look back at our posts for inspiration. 

Today, I am featuring the new Folk Art Bear die on a Christmas card. I think my completed card has a bit of a Nordic appeal. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

I wanted my bear mostly white with a few touches of color. For that color I used red and navy blue, and I did the die inlay technique. 
Next, I cut my phrase in white cardstock from the Peace and Joy Wreath (Christmas 2022).  
I started assembling my card. I attached the bear with repositionable tape to get an idea of where I would place my peace and joy phrase. 
I cut some greenery from the Folk Art Flowers Mixed die to layer on the card front. I also realized I forgot to inlay the red heart for the bear. I also added dimensional adhesive to have the lifted slightly off the background. 
To finish off my card, I added more greenery. This time it's cut from the Folk Art Fox die. I also scattered some circles around for added interest. They were cut from the dies I mentioned above. 
That's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday!











1 comment:

Kristine said...

Beautiful card Mary! I like that you kept the colors to a minimum for that Nordic/Winter Christmasy feel!