Saturday, July 22, 2023

Celebrate with Folk Art Flowers

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our new Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

They allow you to add a beautiful touch of folk art to whatever you may be creating - birthday, thank-you, new home, thinking of you and even Christmas. The design team has featured many creative ideas using these dies so take a look back at our posts for inspiration.

Today, I am featuring the new Folk Art Flowers in a mini slimline design. So let's get started with some details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I decided I wanted a black card base because it's such a striking look combined with bright colors. I embossed the 3" x 6" mat just for added interest. 

Mini Slimline Base: 6 1/2" x 6 1/4". Score in half at the 3 1/4" mark. 
Black Embossed Mat: 3" x 6"
I secured the flower images with clear drying glue. 
I added some greenery to each corner of the image panel. It's cut from the Folk Art Flowers Mixed die. 
For a sentiment I decided to use the Celebrate w/Shadow die. Cut the shadow in a bright pink and the phrase in black. 
To finish off my card, I secured the image panel to the card base with double sided tape and scattered a few enamel dots. 
Well, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use the Folk Art Flowers die. See you next Saturday.











No comments: