Saturday, July 01, 2023

America....Land That I Love

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. It's the 4th of July weekend, and I am sending patriotic wishes to all. 

We have a brand-new release in the online store. It's our Patriotic 4th of July release with 12 amazing patriotic designs. You can pick up the individual dies at 30% off . If you love making patriotic cards to honor a veteran, to celebrate the 4th of July or to display your love for America, we have you covered with this new release.

There is also a 4th of July sale going on right now in the online store. It runs through July 7th with savings of up to 70%.

My card for today is featuring the USA Flag and the Patriotic Rainbow dies in a slimline design. I love making patriotic cards and mail them out for the 4th of July celebration. So, let's get started on some details on how I created my card.


Design Steps: 

The inspiration for my card came from a red truck that I saw driving by me recently. I loved the flag furling in the wind from the back of his truck. So, my card idea was born.

I cut my flag in red, white and blue. I love how the detail in this die that gives the impression that it is waving in the wind. 
Next, I cut my truck. I used an older CottageCutz die - Flatbed Truck w/Accessories. It is still available in the online store. 
I stenciled some clouds in broken china distress ink and added a 1/2" section of black cardstock with small white lines down the middle as a road for the truck. 
My card elements are ready and I can start card assembly. I attached the truck and the flag with dimensional adhesive. The America Phrase was secured with clear drying glue. 
To finish off my card, I stamped my sentiment and scattered a few stars. 
That's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday. 








No comments: