Saturday, July 15, 2023

Folk Art Rooster Thank You

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our new Folk Art release is still available in the online store at 35% off individual dies. There are 19 new designs that are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking.

They allow you to add a beautiful touch of folk art to whatever you may be creating - birthday, thank-you, new home, thinking of you and even Christmas. The design team has featured many creative ideas using these dies so take a look back at our posts for inspiration.

 Today, I am featuring the new Folk Art Rooster die as a thank you card. A friend of ours gave my hubby a bougainvillea plant that he was looking for and not willing to pay the exorbitant price that the nurseries were asking for. She found one that need some tender loving care and gave it to him. He has quite the green thumb and it's already looking good.  So, he wanted to send her a card to express his thanks. 

Card Details:
I started my card with the card colors. I had this designer paper that I thought would make a great background. It has a folk-art appeal to it.

Navy panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
Then I cut the rooster in navy and red colors. 

I was originally going to make this a fun fold card but I changed my mind at some point and just made it a double arrow card. To make the arrows I cut navy cardstock at 3" x 4".  Then on the 3" side I scored at the 1" point. On the 4" side, I made a mark at 2".
I lined it up as you see in the photo and scored. Then turn and score from the tick mark to the other edge of score line. 
When the scoring is done, use your bone folder to burnish and fold into the arrow shape. 
To attach to the designer paper, you add adhesive to the flap. I used double sided tape. 
Then attach the arrow shapes to your designer paper. 
Now I am ready to stamp my image panel. I found this die cut shape with a navy blue edging from a card kit in my stash and decided to use it as a frame for my rooster.  I stamped the thank you sentiment in navy ink and attached the rooster with dimensional adhesive. 
I attached the image panel to the card base. It was at this point I decided not to make this a fun fold card. It was going to be a free-standing card and I didn't want that, and I also couldn't get the bottom arrow panel to tuck in like I wanted. So, I lifted the designer paper from the navy panel and added it to a card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". 
I stamped and decorated this panel that was originally going to be under the front image panel flap. I used a couple of flowers from the Folk Art Flowers die. 
That's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this cute Rooster die. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: There is a new video on our YouTube channel from Marla Harris. Click here to see a beautiful Christmas in July card using the Folk Art dies. 










No comments: