Monday, July 24, 2023

Farm Style Folk Art

Happy Monday everyone!

It's Kris sharing with you today some super quick and easy farm style cards that feature the Folk Art Rooster which is part of the Folk Art collection 


Design Steps:

Card Base = 5-1/2" square
B/W buffalo check paper = 5-1/4" Square
Red cardstock = 4-1/4" square
Kraft cardstock = 4" square

I used a white gel pen and black micro-tip marker to add a frame -- chicken scratch would have been super cute as well ;oP  ***I popped up the red layer with foam strips.


I couldn't decide on which color I wanted for the body of my rooster, so I cut it out of both white and black.  


I ended up liking BOTH versions, so I made a 2nd card following the same measurements listed above.


For my sentiments, I die cut (2) of the banners from the Windows Slimline set, then stamped a cute sentiment and fussy cut a red and black border for each.


Here's a few more photos of both cards finished.  Easy peasy -- and loving this Folk Art collection ♥



These would actually be super cute framed and hung as farm-style décor.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are inspired to get crafty with your favorite CottageCutz dies!  

~Kristine







1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

Love both these cards Kris- a creative idea to feature the rooster in a Farmhouse style design - great work