Thursday, July 20, 2023

Christmas Deer

 Hello Friends

I am celebrating Christmas in July by making my very first card for the holidays!  I always start early and end late!!

I am using the Folk Art Deer.  This die is from our Folk Art release!  There are 19 wonderfully detailed dies in this collection.  Each die can be used together or separately.  They are perfect for multiple occasions even Christmas!


Design Steps:

1.  Use an A2 kraft card base, 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 red dotted DP, 4 x 5 1/4 tan DP and 1 1/2 x 5 3/8 strip of DP.  Ink the edges of all the pieces with TH Vintage Photo
2.  To add a little texture tape a stencil to the tan DP and use some Glitter Snow paste in small quantities all over the card front.  Let it dry to continue

3.  Using the Folk Art Deer cut it out of kraft card stock and shade with ink.  Using the Star Window Slimline Die cut out two red dotted DP stars and 2 gold stars.  Using the Victorian Border die cut out two borders in gold

4.  Glue the red dotted DP to the card front and then add the tan DP. Next glue the borders to the top and bottom of the DP strip then glue to card front as shown.  Glue the stars together with the gold star on the bottom but slightly showing on the right side of the star
5.  To add another layer of texture I dyed a piece of cheese cloth with a walnut spray ink.  I let it dry and then layed it on top of my middle strip as shown above.  To anchor the cheese cloth I added extra glue to the stars and pushed down firmly to make sure the glue held
6.  Add the deer and your sentiment.  For the sentiment I embossed in gold and layered it on a piece of gold card stock

7.  I added just a little greenery by cutting green leaves and red berries using the Woodland Birdhouse.  Add the greenery to the card along with the red berries and your card is complete





We have more inspiration on our YouTube Channel check it out HERE

Thanks so much for stopping by!  And I will see you next Thursday.

Blessings and Take Care






1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

Beautiful card Pam - love all the added elements especially the cheesecloth