Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Fun Fold Patriotic

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Tuesday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new release in the online store. It's our Patriotic 4th of July release with 12 amazing patriotic designs and bundle pricing at 40% off for a limited time. You can pick up the individual dies at 30% off . If you love making patriotic cards to honor a veteran, to celebrate the 4th of July or to display your love for America, we have you covered with this new release.

My card for today is a fun fold. It's a diagonal joy fold card, and I am featuring the new Patriotic Eagle w/Top Hat, USA Phrase and the Fireworks dies. I have a complete tutorial so stay with me to the end. 

Design Steps:

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" red cardstock for my card base. It's scored at 5 1/2". Used my paper trimmer to make the diagonal cut on the card front. Start at the center top left and cut to the bottom right corner.
This is what the card should look like after you make the cut.
Next, I cut the designer paper I used for the diagonal panel. I started with a piece 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" and cut it on a diagonal. 
I secured the designer paper to the card panel and also to the card inside. The inside piece is 4" x 5 1/4".
Now for the card insert I used red cardstock measuring 8" x 3" and scored at 4". 
I stamped a sentiment. I decided to add some fireworks to this panel. The die is the new Fireworks die. 
I cut the Patriotic Eagle w/Top Hat & the USA Phrase images in red, white and blue. 
Next, I added the Eagle image and some stars to the front of the card insert.
To finish off this fun fold, I secured the USA phrase to the diagonal panel with liquid glue. The insert is attached with double sided tape.
This photo shows the insert attached to card base.
This last photo shows the card closed.
That's it for me for this post. See you next week with another patriotic card.

 


2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

What a cute fun fold card love the eagle!

MaryN said...

I planned on making a similar pocket card (not patriotic) THIS CARD is sooo awesome! ❤️ Love how you made it patriotic! ❤️🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸