Saturday, June 17, 2023

#1 Dad In America Eagle for Father's day!


Happy Saturday crafty friends!
Melinda here and today I am sharing a fun Father's Day card I created with dies from the new Cottage Cutz Patrioric die release. Here it is.

To create my card, I started by die cutting all my pieces out of plain white cardstock. I then started coloring, inkin and sponging my die cuts to give them color and dimension. Here I am sponging the United States Die cut image.

After coloring in my die cut pieces, I began to assemble them.


Here's a look at the rainbow die cut. I colored it in grays and blues and then used a piece of cardstock to back it so I could use some foam tape to give it a bit of lift.


Here is the cute Eagle die cut. Instead of the hat with a patriotic look, I used only the base and colored to give my eagle a "top hat" with a blue sash.


Here is a close up of the America letters. I used my spectrum noir sparkle pen to give the letters a subtle but effective touch of sparkle. I didn't want too much glitter as this is a "masculine" card and my hubby isn't a huge glitter fan...lol!



For the sentiment, I simply type set it and printed it out. I added 3 small diamond dots to give it just a bit of subtle bling. Here too you can see that I inked the edge of my blue cardstock mat.



Here is one last look at my finished card. I love using dies in different ways. It gives your stash some much more use! Head over to CottageCutz.com and pick up this collection today! 







Hurry over to save big! Only for a limited time, so don't delay!


Don't forget to head over to the Cottage Cutz YouTube channel and see what the designers are up to over there!


Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!


3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a creative idea for a Father's Day card Melinda- I love it!!!

girlia said...

cute

Yaufa88khcambodia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.